US label Varvatos in Europe launch
New York menswear designer John Varvatos, backed by Lion Capital, plans to take on the European fashion world with shops in major cities across the continent. The brand, which was founded in 2000 and counts celebrities Zac Efron and Ben Affleck as fans, will first open in London next year and hopes to add stores in Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Germany.
It has hired property agent CWM, for whom Scott Murdoch said: "US brands view London as the gateway to Europe and John Varvatos is the latest to follow this route."
The brand will open next spring in a former Belstaff shop at 12 Conduit Street in London - a large 9,000 square foot block that will be redeveloped.
The group last month drafted in former Diesel boss Cristiano Quieti as president and chief executive and opened its first store in Miami. It will follow this with Boston and Toronto later this year.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...