Watchdog orders sale of cinemas
Wednesday 09 October 2013
The movie giant Cineworld is being forced to sell three cinemas by the Competition Commission after its £47.3m acquisition of the arthouse group Picturehouse.
The Aberdeen and Bury St Edmunds Picturehouse branches are to be sold, while the chain's chief executive Steve Wiener said he was still deciding between selling its Cineworld or Picturehouse in Cambridge.
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Heroin to be prescribed to Canadian addicts by doctors
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
Charing Cross fire: Station closed and 100 evacuated over blaze on train
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Revealed: the case against Bill Cosby – through the stories of his accusers
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
$80000 - $110000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Bonus and Employee Investment...
€80000 - €120000 per annum, Benefits: Highly Competitive Salary: Selby Jenning...
£40000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Bonus: Selby Jennings: C# Dev...
$140000 - $160000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Employee Investment Scheme: S...