Williamson trims losses
Tuesday 31 July 2012
The British designer Matthew Williamson, famed for his celebrity fans including Kate Moss and Jade Jagger who starred in his graduation show, has reported a narrowing of losses for 2011. Cost-cutting has reduced full-year losses by 46 per cent to £142,518. Underlying profits moved into the black at £124,000 on turnover of £10.2m for 2011.
Its chief executive, Joseph Velosa, said: "The luxury market has been slowly recovering from the global recession. As a result the majority of our wholesale accounts continued to show caution." But Mr Velosa expects "controlled growth" in 2012.
Mr Williamson, who is celebrating his 15th year in business this year, has won new work recently including designing a collection for the US department store Macy's.
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...