Wolseley see profits surge
Wednesday 07 December 2011
Wolseley, the world's biggest building supplies company, posted a 16 per cent rise in first-quarter trading profit and warned it will remain vigilant on costs due to uncertainty over the outlook.
The FTSE 100 company, which operates the Plumb Center and Ferguson chains in Britain and the US, said underlying operating profit rose 16 per cent to £185m in the three months to end-October, helped by strong growth across its US businesses. Overall like-for-like revenue was up 5 per cent to £3.6bn.
Its shares rose 3.6 per cent to 1972p yesterday.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...
£25000 per annum: Harrington Starr: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Desktop, Linux...