Northern renews attack
Tuesday 21 February 1995
The Takeover Panel forced Trafalgar to retract assertions that special dividends paid by Northern aimed at persuading its shareholders to reject Trafalgar's bid would result in a commensurate fall in the company's share price.
Trafalgar admitted yesterday that there is "no empirical evidence to support the assertion".
Trafalgar House has until Friday to improve its offer should it wish to do so. Analysts believe that the cash alternative of £10.48 per share could be increased to £12.
Professor Stephen Littlechild, the director general of electricity supply, might yet refer the bid to the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.
Northern's shares closed up 8p at £11.20.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...