OECD warns on growth
Friday 18 December 1998
The OECD, which believes the risk of a renewed decline in equity prices is considerable, estimated that a 20 per cent fall across the Group of Seven biggest national economies could take one percentage point or more off US growth. It warned risks of this were possibly stronger now than when it flagged the issue a month ago in the preliminary version its Economic Outlook, which was published in the final version yesterday.
The impact in the other leading economies would be somewhat smaller, with the UK seen as withstanding the effects of a worldwide equity slump for the first 12 months, although if G7 equity markets fell by 20 per cent it could wipe almost 1 per cent off UK growth within two years.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast of England as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...