Oil states to cut production
Monday 23 March 1998
SAUDI Arabia, Venezuela and Mexico said in a joint statement that they would work together to cut world oil production, the official Saudi Press Agency reported. The statement, issued after a surprise meeting of oil ministers in the Saudi capital , said they had agreed to "co-operate with the remaining members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries and other producers from outside Opec to remove the over-supply in the market by between 1.6 and 2 million barrels of oil per day". Crude prices have dropped about 26 per cent since November when Opec announced its intention to boost production quotas by 10 per cent.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
French café starts charging extra to rude customers
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle Jang Song Thaek for 'attempting to overthrow the state'
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
attractive: Citifocus: Leading Asset Management house, wish to identify a temp...
£200 - £240 per day: Harrington Starr: Client Data Management - City - Brokera...
£44999 - £60001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier firm i...