People and Business: A large sum of Monet
Wednesday 20 January 1999
And while Monet's waterlilies and views of the Thames at the RA form E&Y's biggest ever sponsorship, the firm's partners also found the cash to back a major David Hockney exhibition in Paris, opening this week.
So, I asked Nick Land, E&Y's UK chairman, how much is all this costing?
"I hate to think what it all comes to," Mr Land said. Well, how about the annual budget for arts sponsorship? "I honestly don't know - hundreds of thousands - not into the millions - a pretty sizeable slug."
Not the kind of accuracy with figures one would expect from a senior accountant.
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...
£22500 - £27000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Since our inception in 1986, STh...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This extremely successful and well-established...
Competitive with monthly bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced FX...