People and Business: A large sum of Monet
Wednesday 20 January 1999
And while Monet's waterlilies and views of the Thames at the RA form E&Y's biggest ever sponsorship, the firm's partners also found the cash to back a major David Hockney exhibition in Paris, opening this week.
So, I asked Nick Land, E&Y's UK chairman, how much is all this costing?
"I hate to think what it all comes to," Mr Land said. Well, how about the annual budget for arts sponsorship? "I honestly don't know - hundreds of thousands - not into the millions - a pretty sizeable slug."
Not the kind of accuracy with figures one would expect from a senior accountant.
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £85000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading asse...
£45000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Impl...
£65000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Rogue Trading ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...