People and Business: Ayling's Polish connection
Tuesday 30 March 1999
Strangely Mr Ayling had to spend the match surrounded by a large Polish contingent. Does Mr Ayling have some Polish connection we haven't heard about - or was he the victim of a ticket mix-up?
The former, it would appear. Mr Ayling was a guest of Lot, the Polish airline, which had bought 50 tickets for the game. In fact he spent the game sat next to Lot's president, Jan Litwinksi. Lot and BA have a code- sharing arrangement, whereby both airlines can plug into each other's sales networks.
There was only one downside to Saturday's hospitality - the Polish fans were kept behind in the stadium to give the England fans time to disperse. I'm sure Mr Ayling made good use of this networking opportunity.
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...