People and Business: Figures are off the Railtracks
Tuesday 27 April 1999
Railtrack's much-vaunted 10-year Network Management Statement promised pounds 27bn of investment, but critics swiftly narrowed it down to just pounds 1.4bn of new money or pounds 140m a year.
One of the major losers was Rail Freight Group, which was offered very little in terms of copper-bottomed promises of new money. But the cover- sheet of a 30-page document from Rail Freight Group attacking Railtrack's plans, published today, scores an own-goal. Under the heading "Our six most important conclusions," it lists - you guessed it - just five.
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
iJobs Money & Business
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: The SThree group is a world le...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: The SThree group is a world lea...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £Competitive: SThree: SThree Group and have be...