People and Business: Up the asset mountain
Friday 26 February 1999
Standard Life took its time selecting a successor to John Thomson, who stepped down as chief investment officer 18 months ago. Since then the insurance company has set up a stand-alone company to manage its pounds 65bn asset mountain, Standard Life Investments (SLI).
Sandy Crombie, chief executive of SLI, says they were determined to get the right person to pursue their ambitious plan - to grow assets to pounds 100bn within five years.
Mr Skeoch, 42, joined James Capel (now HSBC Securities) in 1980 and held a number of top economics posts. Krishna Patel, HSBC Securities' chief executive, holds no grudges about his departure: "We recognise that the chance to become CIO of Standard Life Investments is too good an opportunity to miss."
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...