PIA suffers further blow as broker quits
Wednesday 13 November 1996
He has resigned over concerns about the possible invalidation of professional indemnity insurance for independent financial advisers caught up in the scandal - an issue the PIA claimed to have ironed out months ago.
Mr Brown, in his resignation letter, said he was "deeply troubled" about the PIA's attitude towards forcing members to disclose privileged documents which may invalidate personal indemnity cover.
The PIA, however, said it had taken extensive legal advice on this issue, which had concluded that its monitoring arrangements would not invalidate personal indemnity cover.
Separately, the PIA will today issue a progress report on the number of urgent pensions mis-selling cases that have been dealt with. The report is expected to show only a slight improvement on figures leaked last month.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...