Pilkington strengthens board
Monday 14 September 1998
The three - Bill Harrison (left) of Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, James Leng, chief executive of Laporte, and Oliver Stocken, finance director at Barclays - join as the St Helens-based company undergoes a major corporate restructuring.
Pilkington, led by chairman Sir Nigel Rudd and chief executive Paolo Scaroni, hopes the appointments will improve investor sentiment. The company's shares have underperformed the stock market by 30 per cent in the last year. In June it reported a pounds 100m pre-tax loss, partly due to the restructuring programme which involves the closure, merger or sale of 70 businesses and 7,500 job cuts.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...