pounds 25bn foreign earnings record
Friday 16 October 1998
OVERSEAS EARNINGS of the UK financial sector hit a record pounds 25.2bn in 1997, according to figures published by British Invisibles (BI). Duncan McKenzie, BI's director of economics, said this "highlights the major contribution of financial services to the balance of payments and the UK economy." Net overseas earnings of banks rose from pounds 5.5bn to pounds 7.7bn and of insurance institutions from pounds 5bn to pounds 7.4bn, while securities dealers' almost doubled to pounds 2.7bn.
- 1 This is what the one in ten British men who pay for sex need to know
- 2 Lee Evans announces retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Angelina Jolie confuses everyone with 'ay up me duck' East Midland's greeting to Derby actor Jack O'Connell at awards show
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
G20 summit: David Cameron warns Vladimir Putin that Russia's relationship with the West is at a 'fork in the road' over Ukraine
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
Coalition government has 'shifted money from poorest to better-off' through welfare cuts and tax reductions, study claims
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...
$175 - $200 per annum, Benefits: full benefits: Carlton Senior Appointments: P...
Not specified: Carlton Senior Appointments: Senior MD Financial Advisor - San ...