pounds 50m to fix computers, says Abbey
Friday 25 April 1997
Lord Tugendhat, chairman, said he was very much in favour of Britain playing a part in a single European currency: "The volatility of sterling is much greater than other European currencies."
Abbey National's share of the increase in UK new mortgage business has improved since the last quarter of 1996 but remains below its 14.7 per cent share of the market.
Lord Tugendhat said money continued to be tied up in the converting building societies, and Abbey's share of retail savings flows had been well below stock levels, but the underlying performance was better than last year.
He said Abbey National was now selling general insurance to all customers rather than just mortgage customers.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server MI Developer needed for Euro...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...