PowderJect float twice oversubscribed
Saturday 07 June 1997
Paul Drayson, the chairman and chief executive of PowderJect, will have a shareholding worth pounds 15.7m when the drug delivery company joins the stock market on 17 June valued at pounds 109.3m. Brian Bellhouse, the research director who together with Dr Drayson will own 22 per cent of the company, will be worth pounds 13.3m. Neither director sold shares in the placing and no director will sell shares for two years. The offer was almost twice oversubscribed. PowderJect, which has pioneered the needle-less injection and which made an operating loss of pounds 5m last year, is raising pounds 35m of new money to fund research. The placing was underwritten by Robert Fleming.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...