Powerscreen lists disposals
Saturday 13 June 1998
The planned disposals will be mainly in the materials handling business, leaving the group to concentrate on screening and crushing of rock, and will substantially clear outstanding debts, the company said yesterday. Managers who were alleged to have been aware of problems at Matbro as long ago as the middle of 1997 had now left the company. The shares rallied 30p to 100.5p but analysts warned that the delayed results for the year to 31 March are still likely to show a substantial loss.
The company warned at the time of the SFO enquiry that it faced losses of pounds 10m in the year to 31 March. Last month a second warning forecast losses would be around pounds 65m, including pounds 20m attributable to earlier years.
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider of web based m...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Secretary (Sales Team Support) - Mat...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: We are looking for an Assistant Management Ac...
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...