Profits fall at Severn Trent
Wednesday 26 November 1997
The increasing number of meters being fitted in domestic premises and more efficient water consumption by industrial customers meant an pounds 8.5m reduction in income.
The fall in revenue was only partially offset by pounds 7m in cost reductions and group profits for the six months ended 30 September fell from pounds 197m to pounds 191.3m.
Profits from non-regulated businesses, principally the waste management business, Biffa, grew by 10.6 per cent. But the Severn Trent management, led by Vic Cocker, chief executive, conceded it would be a tough task to offset the decline in core revenues by growing unregulated businesses.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Senior Business Analyst- Data, SD...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...