Profits slide at Hambro Insurance
Friday 06 June 1997
Hambro Insurance reported a drop in pre-tax profits from pounds 11.09m to pounds 10.9m for the year to 31 March and held the dividend at 5.55p. Earnings per share fell from 10p to 9.4p. Christopher Sporborg, chairman, said dividend cover of two times "remains our medium-term aim", but "if further underlying progress is achieved as expected during the next 12 months, we would intend this to be reflected in an increased dividend to shareholders".
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
iJobs Money & Business
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...