Property: So you think you know about houses?
Sunday 28 December 1997
Give your self five points for a correct answer, deduct 10 per cent of your running total for an incorrect answer, divide the total scored by the number of questions answered to date for a don't know and lose all points for phoning the newspaper and asking when the answers to the questions will be published. I hope that is clear enough.
As that great quizmaster in the sky once told us: "I have started and whilst you may wish I had never bothered, I intend to make a stab at carrying on."
1) What was the average price of a three bedroomed semi-detached house in your area last month?
a) More than it was the previous month
b) More than it was the previous year
c) More than you can afford
2) There is a house in?
a) Need of some modernisation
b) A quiet and friendly neighbourhood
c) New Orleans
3) What do you call 33 estate agents at the bottom of the ocean?
a) A good start
b) A very good start
c) All of the above
4) A property priced for a quick sale is?
a) Any property that has been put on the market in the last 18 months
b) A typing mistake
c) A rough approximation to the truth
5) Which is the odd one out?
a) An egg
b) A carpet
c) A real fire
(NB: You can beat an egg and you can beat a carpet.)
6) If Diamonds are for ever, and dogs are not just for Christmas, what is an estate agent is for?
a) If I knew the
b) Answer to that
c) I would be very wealthy
7) People who live in glass houses shouldn't?
a) Throw stones
b) Make love without drawing the curtains
c) Invite the double glazing salesman in for coffee
8) The catch phrase "Elementary My Dear Watson" was coined by?
a) Ideal Homes
b) Executive Homes
c) Sherlock Holmes
9) If it takes three men four weeks to build two houses, how long does it take to finish the conservatory?
10) May I take this opportunity to wish you
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
Why Robin Williams safeguarded himself against a morbid trend in advertising
Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
Jeremy Clarkson to become 'special adviser on transport' to David Cameron
Exploding head syndrome: One-fifth of US college students suffer from ailment, study finds
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 per annum + commission: SThree: Sthree have an exciting opportunity for...
£18000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Telesales Executive is requir...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...