Property: So you think you know about houses?
Sunday 28 December 1997
Give your self five points for a correct answer, deduct 10 per cent of your running total for an incorrect answer, divide the total scored by the number of questions answered to date for a don't know and lose all points for phoning the newspaper and asking when the answers to the questions will be published. I hope that is clear enough.
As that great quizmaster in the sky once told us: "I have started and whilst you may wish I had never bothered, I intend to make a stab at carrying on."
1) What was the average price of a three bedroomed semi-detached house in your area last month?
a) More than it was the previous month
b) More than it was the previous year
c) More than you can afford
2) There is a house in?
a) Need of some modernisation
b) A quiet and friendly neighbourhood
c) New Orleans
3) What do you call 33 estate agents at the bottom of the ocean?
a) A good start
b) A very good start
c) All of the above
4) A property priced for a quick sale is?
a) Any property that has been put on the market in the last 18 months
b) A typing mistake
c) A rough approximation to the truth
5) Which is the odd one out?
a) An egg
b) A carpet
c) A real fire
(NB: You can beat an egg and you can beat a carpet.)
6) If Diamonds are for ever, and dogs are not just for Christmas, what is an estate agent is for?
a) If I knew the
b) Answer to that
c) I would be very wealthy
7) People who live in glass houses shouldn't?
a) Throw stones
b) Make love without drawing the curtains
c) Invite the double glazing salesman in for coffee
8) The catch phrase "Elementary My Dear Watson" was coined by?
a) Ideal Homes
b) Executive Homes
c) Sherlock Holmes
9) If it takes three men four weeks to build two houses, how long does it take to finish the conservatory?
10) May I take this opportunity to wish you
Long after his career in English football has ended, Emile Heskey's impotency in front of goal remains an object of ridicule.
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...