Proposal for casino tax eased
Tuesday 30 June 1998
The proposal is that the new top rate of tax, 40 per cent, will now apply only to gross gaming yield in excess of pounds 4.2m a year instead of pounds 2.9m.
In the Budget, Mr Brown had proposed changes which would raise revenue from the tax by pounds 25m pounds in a year. Tax of 2.5 per cent was to be payable on the first pounds 400,000 of gross gaming yield; 12.5 per cent on the next pounds 1m; 25 per cent on the next pounds 1.5m; and 40 per cent on the remainder.
Under the amendment, the 2.5 per cent tax band is raised to pounds 450,000 of gross yield; the next pounds 1m will be at 12.5 per cent; the next pounds 1m 20 per cent; the next pounds 1.75m 30 per cent; and the remainder 40 per cent. The amendment is expected to be debated in the Commons today.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...