Qantas bails out
New Saatchi, set up by Maurice Saatchi following his ousting from Saatchi & Saatchi last year, has now taken five big accounts away from his old firm, where the holding company is now renamed Cordiant. In addition to BA and Qantas, Gallaher, the tobacco company, Mirror Group and Dixons, the retail group, have all jumped to New Saatchi.
A Cordiant spokesman said the BA account had been worth about 1 per cent of the holding company's £700m in revenues last year. According to Campaign, the trade weekly, the BA account is worth about £80m in annual billings.
Staff numbers at New Saatchi's office in London are to increase from 40 to 70, and several members of the BA team at Saatchi & Saatchi are expected to move. Additional staff are also expected to be hired at Publicis, the international agency network with which New Saatchi has an alliance.
Legal manoeuvring between Cordiant and principals of New Saatchi is scheduled to resume in June.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...