Queens Moat Houses' convictions
Friday 06 December 1996
They were also ordered to pay pounds 7,500 to the Department of Trade and Industry in costs.
Geoffrey Atkinson and John Hawksby, former employee directors of White Rose Registrars of Kettering, were found guilty at Middlesex Crown Count on 1 November of three offences of insider dealing under the Company Securities (Insider Dealing) Act 1985. White Rose Registrars was the Kettering firm which at that time kept QMH's share register. The two men dealt in the shares after acquiring unpublished, price-sensitive information about instructions sent by QMH's finance director relating to the payment of dividend warrants, just before QMH was brought to its knees in 1993 by pounds 1bn of debt.
The DTI confirmed yesterday it would not retry Douglas Swinden, a former director of Eastern Electricity, on insider dealing charges, after a jury failed to agree a verdict earlier this week.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...