Rules and conditions of entry
Sunday 12 January 1997
2) Groups of companies may apply if total sales figures comply with (3) and (8) below, but entries from selected subsidiaries are not eligible.
3) Companies must be able to submit audited sales of a minimum of pounds 500,000 for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1992, and for the Middle Market 50 a minimum of pounds 5m for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1992.
4) Companies must submit sales figures for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1996. The most recent financial year end which will be considered is 30 June 1996.
5) The accounts relating to the most recent period of trading as defined in (4) above must show a pre-tax profit. Profit details will not be published or disclosed to other parties.
6) The average number of employees must be not less than 15 in the financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1996 for the Independent 100, and not less than 150 in respect of the Middle Market 50.
7) The company's auditors must certify the information relating to sales, pre-tax profit and employee numbers given on the entry form, together with the status of the company throughout the period.
8) Sales are defined as the value to the company (or group of companies) of goods and services provided, excluding VAT, out of the core company (or group of companies), together with any companies that have been acquired during the five-year period; sales of associated companies and joint ventures should be excluded.
9) Average employee numbers are to be calculated on a consistent basis to (8) above.
10) The length of each accounting period must be stated for which sales, pre-tax profit and employee details are submitted. Where the duration of the accounting period is not 12 months, the sales details will be apportioned unless more accurate information is supplied.
11) Companies must submit a copy of their audited statutory accounts for the most recent qualifying financial period.
12) The decision of the Business Editor of the Independent on Sunday is final in all matters concerning the Independent 100.
13) The Independent on Sunday reserves the right to publish information supplied.
14) Completed certified entry forms must be received by Julie Harwood, Independent 100, Price Waterhouse, Southwark Towers, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SY no later than Friday, 28 February 1997.
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Vladimir Putin employs a full-time food taster to ensure his meals aren't poisoned
Peaches Geldof: Her final day – and her fatal decision
Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
Israel-Gaza conflict: Israel may have committed war crimes, says UN human rights chief
Taiwan plane crash: Typhoon Matmo could have caused TransAsia Airways disaster, airline suspects
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £20000 per annum + OTE £25K: SThree: SThree Group has been well estab...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This really is a fantastic chance to joi...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: CXL, Triple Po...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Business Anal...