Sales surge sees Sage up 9% to pounds 9.7m
The result was in line with market expectations, which were sharply lowered last July after Sage warned that it had been hit by delays in launching new products, and distribution problems at DacEasy, its US subsidiary.
The profits warning led to a collapse in the shares from an all- time peak of 619p amid fears that Sage's growth had run into the buffers. But the results sent City analysts scurrying back to upgrade their pre-tax profit forecasts for this year by pounds 1.5m to pounds 12.5m.
Sage said that it had overcome both problems and trading trends indicated 'continuing growth and an improvement in profitability this year'.
David Goldman will hand over the chief executive's title to Paul Walker in January but will continue as group chairman.
Earnings per share improved from 30.9p to 32.5p. A final dividend of 6.6p lifts the total by 10 per cent to 9.92p. The group's net cash rose from pounds 4.2m to pounds 5.8m.
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...