Shares: Taking Stock
Wednesday 10 July 1996
The company has had a torrid time with only one profit recorded since 1990. The market guess is one of the institutional shareholders has called it a day, perhaps leaving the way clear for a cash and management injection.
Interim profits of Cookson, the industrial materials group, could be disappointing. Greig Middleton is shooting for pounds 84m against pounds 81.2m.
For the year it is looking for a gain from pounds 181.2m to pounds 208.5m. The shares rose 4p to 262p.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...