Slater fund boosts Johnson Fry
Friday 22 August 1997
Funds under management at Johnson Fry grew 51 per cent in the first half of the year, boosted by a unit trust fund run by Mark Slater, the 27-year- old son of former financier Jim Slater. The Johnson Fry Slater Growth Fund is attracting pounds 2m a week in new money and has mushroomed in 15 months from pounds 500,000 to pounds 88m. Small investors continue to pile into the fund, despite the fact that its exposure to small companies means it has lost pole position in the growth sector. It came 11th out of 160 growth funds in the year to July, having been number one a month earlier. Fund management profits at Johnson Fry grew from pounds 993,000 to pounds 1.76m but group profits slumped to pounds 800,000 from pounds 1.5m.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£800 - £875 per day: Harrington Starr: Programme Manager, (OTC Trading, CMMI, ...
£500 - £525 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Intelligence Consultant/Develo...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
attractive: Citifocus: Leading Asset Management house, wish to identify a temp...