Small firms to get new equity source
Saturday 18 February 1995
The Stock Exchange is to launch the Alternative Investment Market in June, offering new and growing companies a cheaper way of raising equity capital. Up to 200 companies, many of whose shares are available as matched bargains, could join the market by the end of the year. Companies the exchange hopes to attract to AIM include young businesses, management buyouts, family firms, and some former Business Expansion Schemes. Companies may also choose to transfer from the USM market, which closes at the end of 1996.
A spokesman for the exchange said: "AIM is designed for professional or experienced investors who understand the nature of the market and are prepared to accept the potential risks and rewards of investing in young and growing companies."
Investors in a range of investment and unit trusts specialising in smaller companies may also find part of their funds going into AIM-listed firms.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...