Small firms to get new equity source
Saturday 18 February 1995
The Stock Exchange is to launch the Alternative Investment Market in June, offering new and growing companies a cheaper way of raising equity capital. Up to 200 companies, many of whose shares are available as matched bargains, could join the market by the end of the year. Companies the exchange hopes to attract to AIM include young businesses, management buyouts, family firms, and some former Business Expansion Schemes. Companies may also choose to transfer from the USM market, which closes at the end of 1996.
A spokesman for the exchange said: "AIM is designed for professional or experienced investors who understand the nature of the market and are prepared to accept the potential risks and rewards of investing in young and growing companies."
Investors in a range of investment and unit trusts specialising in smaller companies may also find part of their funds going into AIM-listed firms.
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
iJobs Money & Business
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...
£280 - £320 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...