Small Businessman of the Week: Big companies overcharging SMEs by billions a year
Monday 30 January 2012
Saurav Chopra is chief executive of Huddlebuy, the deals site that sells discounted business products and services to more than 35,000 SMEs
Small businesses are poorly treated in the UK: the Government is pinning all its hopes on SMEs and entrepreneurs to pull us away from a double-dip recession, but we are treating these people very poorly.
"Our research suggests, for example, that small businesses are being overcharged by £3.6bn a year for basic products and services, from mobile to utilities to business services, compared to what bigger businesses have to pay.
"We also see the price that is being paid for their trust and reliance on the big banks:two-thirds of SMEs tell us they expect to have to find alternative sources of credit this year. Against the backdrop, for example, of the bonus announced for the chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland, that's a disgrace.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...