Split over directors' pensions grows
Friday 23 February 1996
The rift between powerful institutional shareholders and corporate executives widened yesterday amid accusations of a concerted attempt to cover up full disclosure of directors' pension benefits. "The whole affair is basically about greed, about preferring small numbers to the shock people would get if they saw the big figures," one senior fund manager said. The clash came amid a groundswell of anger among the biggest fund managers gathered in Eastbourne for the National Association of Pension Fund investment conference at what is seen to be a rearguard effort by senior industrialists to backtrack on Greenbury committee recommendations for disclosure of directors' pension costs.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...