Spring Ram slumps to pounds 43m loss
Thursday 14 March 1996
Spring Ram, the kitchens and bathrooms group, slumped to a pounds 43m loss last year after heavy restructuring charges, weak demand and rising raw material prices. Chairman Roger Regan plans to sell the loss making Crosby Doors and Stag furniture division this year. He also hinted that he may move to a part-time role once the group had stabilised. Turnover rose 17 per cent to pounds 300m. But exceptional charges amounted to pounds 31m and operational losses hit pounds 10m. The group made profits of pounds 3m in 1994.
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: £20000 - £25000 per annum + c...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of insurance and financial...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing financial ser...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...