Swiss bank cashes in on derivatives
Saturday 05 March 1994
It made Sfr444m ( pounds 207m) after tax last year compared with Sfr200m in 1992, Credit Suisse said when it released its annual results in Switzerland. The scale of the profits at CSFP, held by the jointly- owned offshoot CS First Boston, amounted to nearly a third of group profits.
Josef Ackermann, Credit Suisse chief executive officer, said: 'This very good result was achieved while consistently applying our conservative risk policy.'
Credit Suisse, consolidating the accounts of Swiss Volksbank for the first time, reported that group net profits rose to Sfr1.460bn from a revised Sfr955m in 1992.
Provisions, losses and write-offs, excluding those on fixed assets, rose to Sfr2.255bn from Sfr1.209bn.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...