Friday 28 June 1996
Panther, also paying a 3p dividend (2.7p), was outbid by the unquoted Morley's Stores. Its shares ended off 1.5p at 77.5p.
r A row has erupted at Hansom, the taxi group with the unenviable distinction of being one of the worst performers on AIM.
Its shares fell 4p to a 21p low; they were floated at 60p in September. Rebel shareholders are seeking to replace two directors, including chairman Peter Jennings. Jonathan Mervis, former head of Unigroup, is looking for a boardroom place.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
iJobs Money & Business
£23000 per annum + pension and 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ...
£27000 per annum + pension, 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ind...
£23000 - £26000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Corporate Actions Administrator / Operations Admini...