Talk Radio to buy Oyston station
Monday 17 May 1999
TALK RADIO, headed by Kelvin MacKenzie (left), is negotiating to buy The Bay radio station from Owen Oyston. His radio licences were put into an independent trust last year, after he was jailed in 1997. The Oyston Family Settlement Trust is believed to have offered Talkco - the company which runs Talk Radio - the Morecambe Bay music station for around pounds 3.5m, as well as three radio stations in Northern Ireland. NewsCorp, Liberty Media and Mr MacKenzie each own 20 per cent of Talk Radio, the remainder being owned by MVI, a venture capital company.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server MI Developer needed for Euro...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...