Talk Radio to buy Oyston station
Monday 17 May 1999
TALK RADIO, headed by Kelvin MacKenzie (left), is negotiating to buy The Bay radio station from Owen Oyston. His radio licences were put into an independent trust last year, after he was jailed in 1997. The Oyston Family Settlement Trust is believed to have offered Talkco - the company which runs Talk Radio - the Morecambe Bay music station for around pounds 3.5m, as well as three radio stations in Northern Ireland. NewsCorp, Liberty Media and Mr MacKenzie each own 20 per cent of Talk Radio, the remainder being owned by MVI, a venture capital company.
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
World news in pictures
British man confesses to slitting two children's throats in Lyon flat
'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
Revealed: Eerie new images show forgotten French apartment that was abandoned at the outbreak of World War II and left untouched for 70 years
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Sourcing Manager - Banking - London - Up to £500p...
To be discussed at interview.: Queen Elizabeth's School: An experienced and ef...
£294.05 - £330.92 per day + 150 per day travel and accommodation: Orgtel: A le...