Thames names new chairman
Saturday 09 January 1999
ROGER CARR (left), the chief executive of the fire and security products group Williams Holdings, is to become the next chairman of Thames Water. Mr Carr, 52, will succeed Sir Robert Clarke who is retiring in March aged 70. Thames said Mr Carr, who has been a director of the company since 1994, was being appointed to the chairmanship in a non-executive capacity but declined to give details of his salary or how many days a week he would put in.
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Nigella Lawson arrives for second day in court after accusing Charles Saatchi of threatening to 'destroy' her with drug claims
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with a strong understanding o...
£50000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Whilst the Real Estate sector was suffering thi...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: The role will suit a fund product specialist, current...