The companies come aboard one by one
Thursday 03 August 1995
Seagram has signed for 90,000 sq ft of the Ark, which leaves a third of the distinctive copper and glass building empty.
Designed to be the ultimate in user-friendly hi-tech office space by the British architect Ralph Erskine, it failed to impress tenants as the property market went into decline and it has lain empty since its completion in late 1991.
The building is the jewel in the crown of the Swedish asset management company, Securum Property Holdings. The group was set up by the Swedish government in 1992 to take control of assets supported by loans which went sour when the state-owned bank, Nordbanken, went bust leaving debts of pounds 2bn worldwide. Its debts in the UK amount to pounds 300m.
Photograph: Nicholas Turpin
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
iJobs Money & Business
£16500 - £16640 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing Finance compa...
£30000 - £32000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding business...
£25 - 28k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An In-house / Internal Recruiter is needed to...