The Investment Column: Rage
Wednesday 15 September 1999
Yet there are clear indications that Rage can develop much further. Last year, three games, including its football title, provided the vast bulk of revenue. Now, however, it has nine titles in production, including three out of the 10 initial titles for the imminent European and North American launches of Sega's Dreamcast console.
Deals with Microsoft and the two largest PC manufacturers, Compaq and Dell, should also underpin growth prospects. With world computer game revenue expected to grow 20 per cent plus to pounds 11bn this year, Rage's tightly managed expansion should continue to reward investors. With a prospective year to June 2000 p/e rating of 25.5 the shares are a buy.
Have shock jocks gone too far after Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut?
The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
World news in pictures
British father faces charges after confessing to slitting his two children's throats in Lyon flat
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Gove...
£500 - £680 per day: Orgtel: Quantitative Risk Analyst, Front Office/Risk Bank...