The late ticker: Diamond deal near
Sunday 23 February 1997
De Beers would dearly like to announce a deal by its final results on 4 March, but an accord agreed last September has been held up by Russian elections and squabbling between industry factions.
This weekend, foreign trade minister Oleg Davydov said a deal was possible by the end of this month.
The Russian government, the diamond-producing republic of Sakha and the country's diamond cutters' have yet to agree how to slice up the $1.3bn cake a deal would bring.
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Did you know? SThree is a mul...
£55 - 65k (DOE): Guru Careers: A unique opportunity for a permanent C# Develop...
£16 - 20k: Guru Careers: A Graduate Editor / Editorial Assistant is needed to ...
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...