Sunday 19 February 1995
Alan Jones, the head of Westland, the helicopter maker that is now part of GKN, was hired as chief executive of BICC, the cables and construction business. And Charles Saatchi stepped down from Saatchi & Saatchi, the advertising agency he helped to found, claiming constructive dismissal.
On the economic front, sterling fell sharply against the German mark and US dollar at one time, though it recovered later against the dollar. Retail sales slowed in January. More worrying was a sharp increase in producer prices.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Sourcing Manager - Banking - London - Up to £500p...
To be discussed at interview.: Queen Elizabeth's School: An experienced and ef...
£294.05 - £330.92 per day + 150 per day travel and accommodation: Orgtel: A le...