Thomas Cook to sell by phone
Monday 29 June 1998
THOMAS COOK, the travel and financial services group, is launching a phone service selling travel insurance 24 hours a day. The policies will be underwrittren by Home & Overseas Insurance Company, a part of Eagle Star, which in turn is a part of BAT Eagle Star, is in the process of being merged into a new financial services giant, Swiss insurer Zurich. Thomas Cook, which is owned by Westdeutsche Landesbank, is aiming for 10 per cent of the UK travel insurance market in its first year.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with institutional client serv...
£120000 - £150000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Programme Manager, Strategy Lead...
£55000 - £120000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Financial Services Tran...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: Client based in West London is looking ...