Thorn reports underlying profit rise
Wednesday 24 May 1995
Thorn EMI yesterday beat most analysts forecasts with a rise in underlying pre-tax profits from pounds 344.2m to pounds 423.6m for the year to 31 March. Stated profits, however, fell from pounds 326.5m to pounds 271.2m after exceptional charges, mainly relating to the closure of the Rumbelows electricals business. Dividend total rise from 34p to 36.5p. EMI is forming a joint venture with Apple Computer to speed the introduction of the enhanced Compact Disc format.
Investment Column, page 34
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Icon or terrorist: Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
Deadly ice storm sees US temperatures drop to -29C
Millions of families living in poverty despite being in employment says new study
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...