Towry Law for market
Friday 22 October 1993
Proceeds of the issue, sponsored by James Capel, will go to Towry's existing shareholders. No new money is being raised for the company. It is coming to the market to facilitate acquisitions.
Towry Law was set up almost 35 years ago as a life insurance broker but expanded into general insurance and financial planning.
The group, which employs 400 staff, has more than 60,000 private and 5,000 corporate clients.
It incurred an pounds 89,000 operating loss in 1989 due to poor managerial control. Since then a new team has lifted taxable profits from pounds 1.3m in 1990 to pounds 2.4m last year.
The shares are to be priced on 4 November and dealings are expected to start a week later.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...