Towry Law for market
Friday 22 October 1993
Proceeds of the issue, sponsored by James Capel, will go to Towry's existing shareholders. No new money is being raised for the company. It is coming to the market to facilitate acquisitions.
Towry Law was set up almost 35 years ago as a life insurance broker but expanded into general insurance and financial planning.
The group, which employs 400 staff, has more than 60,000 private and 5,000 corporate clients.
It incurred an pounds 89,000 operating loss in 1989 due to poor managerial control. Since then a new team has lifted taxable profits from pounds 1.3m in 1990 to pounds 2.4m last year.
The shares are to be priced on 4 November and dealings are expected to start a week later.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...