Trocadero to scrap Segaworld admission charge
Friday 05 December 1997
Segaworld is to undergo a pounds 650,000 facelift and allow customers in free in an effort to make Europe's largest indoor entertainment centre profitable, according to industry sources.
John Conlan, Trocadero's new chairman. said yesterday: "We have realised that this is not an indoor theme park. It is an amusement arcade and you would not normally pay to go to an amusement arcade."
Segaworld is a pounds 50m joint venture between Trocadero and Sega, the Japanese games giant. It has proved an embarrassing flop since it opened its doors in 1996, which has sent Trocadero's share price tumbling to 19.5p after standing at 79.5p last year.
Poor attendance forced Segaworld to slash admission prices from pounds 12 to pounds 2. Even so only about 1 million people have come through its doors this year, 700,000 less than forecast.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Jennifer Lawrence: Leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by users
Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 Per Annum Benefits + bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: If you are...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40000: SThree: As a Recruitment Consultant, y...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...