UBS loses one of its London stars
Thursday 06 February 1997
Staff were informed of his departure in a memorandum from Hans-Peter Bauer, the global head of fixed income and derivatives.
Sources said Mr Briance, 43, who joined UBS from Credit Suisse First Boston in 1991, had left after management differences. They said his management style was very different from that of Mr Bauer, who arrived from Switzerland at the start of 1996 when UBS restructured to refocus the running of its global operations out of London instead of Zurich.
Mr Briance's role in the restructuring was to head fixed income globally and most importantly to increase the bank's presence in the US, where it had it struggled to make a impact.
Sources said he had been successful in his role, hiring some high-profile staff in the US in the last year. The sources did not believe Mr Briance had another job lined up immediately but thought his reputation in the markets would make him an attractive hire for one of UBS's competitors.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...