Videotron man gets CWC job
Peter Howard, marketing and programming director at Videotron, has taken on a similar role at CWC. Mr Howard officially becomes director of content and programming at CWC, with responsibilities for buying channels to transmit to cable subscribers.
Graham Wallace, chief executive, said Mr Howard would report directly to him, and added: "He's going to handle our relationship with Sky and other programme providers."
Mr Howard's role will be increasingly important as CWC gears up for the launch of digital cable television either later this year or at the beginning of 1998. Digital compression will offer consumers hundreds more channels.
CWC is the product of last year's merger of Cable & Wireless's Mercury subsidiary with three cable operators, Bell Cablemedia, Nynex CableComms, and Videotron.
CWC, which floated on the stock market in April, is currently in the throes of a process of rationalisation which will lead to 500 job losses. Staff have been offered loyalty bonuses to stay until the reorganisation is complete.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...