Watchdog calls for more understanding
Thursday 06 July 1995
Clare Spottiswoode, the gas industry watchdog, has called for a House of Commons select committee to deal with the regulatory issues, so that the subject be understood. Speaking to the Trade and Industry Committee, Miss Spottiswoode said that the select committee procedure can be "confrontational" - in the past she has said it can be "immature". She also said that there is a case for non executive advisers to be appointed to challenge her decisions, and there should be an appeals mechanism.
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...