Friday 13 January 1995
Tokyo: Profit-taking by foreign investors lowered the Nikkei 225 by 138.46 at 19,410.01.
Hong Kong: The Hang Seng index edged up 25.3 to 7,418.05 in cautious trade.
Sydney: The All Ordinaries index gained 2.6 to 1,861.9.
Frankfurt: A tentative return by small investors boosted the DAX index 10.22 at 2,071.27.
Zurich: The SMI index firmed 3.5 points at 2,600.5.
Milan: Ahead of the announcement of a new prime minister, the Mibtel index rose two points to 10,005.
Madrid: Decreasing currency market tensions lifted the IBEX-35 5.37 at 2,963.07.
Paris: The CAC-40 index shed 5.07 at 1,844.06, its fourth loss in succession.
London: Report, page 30.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...