Friday 11 June 2010
As the diary pointed out (1 June), Heather Brooke spoke recently at the Hay Festival about her new book, The Silent State, and her work uncovering the MPs' expenses story. We understand from Ms Brooke that this was not an all expenses paid trip as was suggested but the costs were covered by her and her publisher.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
£450 - £500 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: Broadcast Systems Architect - Fi...
£32,000 plus benefits: The Green Recruitment Company: Our client has experienc...
£32,000 plus benefits: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Co...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...