Wednesday 22 February 2012
On January 7 we published a story, headlined on the print edition's front page, suggesting Wayne Rooney could be sold in the January transfer window because of a damaged working relationship between him and Sir Alex Ferguson ("Ferguson willing to sell Rooney during transfer window", by James Lawton). We said there was a strong feeling around Manchester United that Sir Alex believed he had "lost control of Rooney". We now accept that the working relationship between player and manager is strong and are happy to reiterate the statement, issued jointly by Rooney and Manchester United on the night of publication (and included in our story in later editions), that player and manager look forward to working together for seasons to come. We also accept that no moves were made to sell Wayne Rooney during the January transfer window.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 per annum, Benefits: & 10% commission: Inspiring Interns: Our client is...
£42000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Central Lon...
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: In-house Commerci...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: One of the world's leading providers of trading ...