Wednesday 22 February 2012
On January 7 we published a story, headlined on the print edition's front page, suggesting Wayne Rooney could be sold in the January transfer window because of a damaged working relationship between him and Sir Alex Ferguson ("Ferguson willing to sell Rooney during transfer window", by James Lawton). We said there was a strong feeling around Manchester United that Sir Alex believed he had "lost control of Rooney". We now accept that the working relationship between player and manager is strong and are happy to reiterate the statement, issued jointly by Rooney and Manchester United on the night of publication (and included in our story in later editions), that player and manager look forward to working together for seasons to come. We also accept that no moves were made to sell Wayne Rooney during the January transfer window.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...